PRESENTER: Jason West
PRE-CLASS TASK INCLUDED BELOW the class description.
Please respond in a comment on this page and comment on your colleagues' responses.
Listening to yourself speak during normal conversation gives you a lot of useful information about how you are doing and what you can improve upon, even subconsciously! I will send you some simple instructions and some free content to use prior to an online speaking task with some of your online friends from your existing online networks. We will then share and discuss the results in the session.
Please post your answers HERE on this class page in the comments section below.
(1) Download this content http://englishoutthere.com/home-page/free-samples-english-out-there-self-study-samples.
(2) Pick one lesson. Print and do the exercises with a pen or write on it in a PDF reader like Adobe Reader.
(3) What is one thing you learned from doing these exercises?
(4) What is one question you have after doing these exercises?
Class recording on You Tube
Here are my post class activities:
(1) After attending the class or watching it later, would you change anything in the way you plan for listening activities?
(2) Would you change anything in teaching listening to assure that you KNOW what students LEARNED?
(3) What are your thoughts about monitoring your input to students according to the idea of Krashen’s Comprehensible Input? Would you do anything different after listening to the class?